Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

her63
· 06/02/2020 9:10 AM
keep healty bro, love roaster form home

pisanoal
· 05/27/2020 10:14 AM
Anyone else have issues seeing the whole window of a thread when accessing from a mobile phone? Any fixes?

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,590
Newest Member: her63
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Cupping Coffee Consumer Reports Style, or "Why America Can't Get a Great Cup of Coffee"
DavidG
Consumer Reports cupped the grocery aisle! Here is a link to a write up: http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/why.../19340771/

Anybody on HRO a Consumer Reports subscriber? I (and maybe you) would love to see the fuller report. If not, I'll buy a copy off the newsstand.

I just had to click away from all the comments to this and the myriad other articles -- I almost succumbed and declared that the world would be a better place if more folks homeroasted!!

David
Edited by DavidG on 02/03/2010 8:57 AM
europiccola | yama + coryrod | chemex | AP | clever
wbp1 | wepp1 | bm/hg | co hybrid (still coming soon...)

mldavis2
I suspect that most coffee drinkers are looking for a caffeine transport medium. Conditioned to bitter, weak coffee, they add milk and sugar to make it palatable. Most have never had good coffee, I would guess.

No offense, but I am not a fan of CR. Anytime I have had what I consider to be first hand knowledge of a product that was tested, I usually disagree with their assessment. They tend to look for 'dollar value' which often passes over the top quality choices. If you consider that their testers probably aren't used to drinking fresh home roast, they probably consider grocery store shelf stock to be average or better.

I guess that makes me a snob? :|
I love home roast!

iRoast2
Capresso Infinity
CCD, French press, Aeropress, TechniVorm

gene
Great Info:

ML, David, John and others like you. You are the reason I click on HR Org several times each day(and nite).
Always someone out there with an ear to the rail with something interesting and informative.

They and their panel of coffee tasting experts. ha ha and char char!

Wish they had had some HR folks on their panel, the world would become a better place!

Thanks
gene

Jump to Forum: