You must login to post a message.

JackH
OnlineAdmin
· 07/04/2020 10:27 AM
Happy 4th of July! jazzyhands

JackH
OnlineAdmin
· 06/24/2020 7:58 AM
@Mark McCornack, Please post your question in the forum.

Mark McCornack
· 06/15/2020 9:28 PM
Hi! Looking for a legacy inlet temp sensor on 13 yr old Gene Cafe. It seems they've changed it and now you need new mother board and new sensor. Any ideas where I can find compatibile old one? Mark

Samaniego
· 06/09/2020 6:39 PM
Wich thermometers Can i buy for my roasting machine compatible with usb or macbook?

JackH
OnlineAdmin
· 06/05/2020 5:38 PM
peveleth, It is better if you start a post in the forum with your question. These shouts go away in time.

Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,642
Newest Member: harryf
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Beginner having a heck of a time . . . HELP
seedlings
Another way to control or lower the max temperature of your popper is to use fewer beans. Less beans provide less resistance to the heated air, which prevents heat from building up as high.

Imagine a hair dryer with an object placed near the nozzle... the hair dryer will quickly overheat and shut down because the heat is building up. Allow the air to flow more and the dryer performs.

I generally add beans to the popper until they slow down but do not stop spinning. If they stop spinning, that means you're mostly blocking the airflow, which will build up heat too fast (even with stirring).

As David and Bill said, though, it's no big deal. It's about as important as the exact temperature first crack starts. B)

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

dja
most people put what is fondly known as a chimmey on their poppers, I did mine, still do when I want to roast only enough for a pot of something new. most people make them out of a soup can, I find that one of them little red camping lantern globes works great, bottom side sits nicely on top of the popper while the top of the thing is smaller than the top of the popper which tends to choke the air flow down some. The glass globe is also clear so you can see down into the popper without getting directly over the top.
don't know where your located at but I found mine at a Acadamy Sports Store in the camping section.

happy roasting

and the madness continutes
Edited by dja on 10/14/2009 9:00 PM
I pour Iron and roast Coffee BeansThumbsUp
If life seems normal your not going fast enough Mario Andrette

DavidG
I agree with dja on the chimney idea. I also use the lantern glass, but mostly hurricane lamp glasses. Everytime I go through a thrift store, I pick up any hurricane lamp glasses that are around. Upside: you can see through them, they are inert, they handle the heat superbly and you can wipe them clean if you want. Downside: I break them every so often because of clumsiness.

Good luck.

David

Koffee Kosmo

Upside: you can see through them, they are inert, they handle the heat superbly and you can wipe them clean if you want. Downside: I break them every so often because of clumsiness.

Good luck.

David

High on Coffee fumes causes clumsiness Roflmao

KK
I home roast and I like it
Blog - http://koffeekosmo.blogspot.com/
Bezzera Strega: Mazzer Robur Grinder: 5 Box hand grinders: Pullman Tamper Convex: (KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster: CONA Glass Rod Syphon: Pyrex Brewer:

http://koffeekosmo.com.au
DavidG
... but i just LOVE the sweet roast-smoke!! What's a simple little coffee-roaster to do?!?!
GrinGrin

dja
guess i must be imune to the fumes haven't broke mine in quite some time, now watch me break it next time I use it.

yep you wash em every so on and you can see through them which you can't see through the glass on my SC Rig
I pour Iron and roast Coffee BeansThumbsUp
If life seems normal your not going fast enough Mario Andrette

Jump to Forum: