Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
08/18/2019 4:31 AM
Awesome I sent an email to AllenB and JackH The email to JackH failed. I had screenshots of my settings.

allenb
08/18/2019 3:37 AM
Jack and I are enlisting help from our PHP site admin to try and solve as soon as possible. Thanks for letting us know.

snwcmpr
08/18/2019 2:53 AM
I got another PM last night......... No email notice.

snwcmpr
08/17/2019 7:36 AM
Email address correct. I constantly check junk folder. I turned off, then on, the setting to receive notice.

JackH
08/17/2019 7:10 AM
Also check that there are no spam filters set for email.

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,099
Newest Member: kla65
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Mexican SHG Pluma Oaxaca 'don Eduardo'
seedlings
Everyone who picked up some of this coffee, post what you think here. I just roasted a batch 2 hours ago.

Full City (no snaps of second crack)
1C ~13 min
Pulled at 16:20, 430F

Bean munch aw, who am I kidding? The bean munch almost never gives me any insight. I know there are many out there who can pop a fresh roasted bean in their mouth, chew on it a little, and know weather or not they nailed the roast. I just haven't graduated there.

Dry grounds smell good, nothing fancy.

Drip brew.
Wet grounds remind me of powdered hot cocoa, and smelled enticing, much better than I anticipated with 2 hours 'rest'.

Hot cup needs rest. Lightly sweet. Smells a little chocolaty, but I can't really taste it. Might be some berry fruit way, way in the background. Nothing jumps out at me, but there's also nothing undesirable. Pleasant lingering aftertaste. Medium body.

Cool cup brings a little nuttiness, like almond, maybe. Flavors intensify a bit, but they're still vague to me. Coffee gives a sensation to the very center of my tongue that I can't explain.

Tomorrow morning's vac pot brew will be much more telling.

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

seedlings
Vac pot this morning, 12 hours rest is sweet, medium body, lingering buttery (creamy?) finish. Maybe leaning vanilla instead of chocolate to me. Still exploring.

I've never had good Kona coffee (only a preground tourist sample that a friend brought back once), but I've read a few places where this coffee resembles Kona.

CHAD

jlyon10
I love Kona but hate the price.
Jim Lyon
Jim's Coffee Beans

http://www.jimscoffeebeans.com
Ray T
Can,t wait CHAD I will try roasting just into 2nd might bring out the chocolate. Will report back. Again thanks for getting the greens. Ray

seedlings
Today it's chewy, syrupy, heavy body with fudge notes, especially as the cup cools.

Can't get enough!

CHAD

tarapup
Beans arrived today, Chad. Thank you again - I am very excited to try them! :)
Newbie obsessed roaster
Behmor 1600
Capresso 464.05

opus
Fine, I couldnt wait. I am leaving tomorrow for a week and the anticipation would have ruined my vacation. I roasted a couple handful and tried some 4 hrs later. CHOCOLATE!! Pretty nice stuff.

www.castironcoffee.com
seedlings
opus wrote:
Fine, I couldnt wait. I am leaving tomorrow for a week and the anticipation would have ruined my vacation. I roasted a couple handful and tried some 4 hrs later. CHOCOLATE!! Pretty nice stuff.

Pete, I've wondered if your attractively uneven cast iron method, with some light, some medium and some dark roast beans might really show off the chocolates.
Hapy vacation!

And, tarapup, you're most welcome! Let us know how the Behmor takes these.

CHAD
Edited by seedlings on 10/03/2009 5:43 AM

Ray T
Roasted 8oz in the Hottop 15 sec. into 2nd. 30 hours rest . Aeropress 1 1/2 scoops , YUMMY !! CHOCOLATE is an under statement. Very good coffee CHAD !! :Clap::Clap::Clap: Ray

dja
due to a swift and trusty steed the Postal type person gladly delivered my greens that Seedlings was so kind to offer to us lesser human beings. I roasted nearly a half pound, for myself of course, in my trusty GCSC highly modified homebuild by a REDNECK roaster to a nice rolling second crack, no times I roast by color and smoke densitiy.
No coffee cupper as I have said before some things I like some I don't this bean I wish I had of purchased more of, the flavor is nicely Chocolate from a Dark Chocolate stright from the pot hot as h*&l (my maker has had the Thermostate play with you might say) to Hersey Sweet Chocolate after sitting in the cup for 30 minutes. this in one coffee I would drink Ice Cold on a hot summer day.

NICE JOB AGAIN Chad
:smileycoffee::Clap:
Edited by dja on 10/06/2009 6:17 AM
I pour Iron and roast Coffee BeansThumbsUp
If life seems normal your not going fast enough Mario Andrette

seedlings
I'm really happy that you all are enjoying this one since it was another "trust the sales rep" kind of purchase. It is good coffee.

I just stopped by The Roasterie (www.theroasterie.com) to get some decaf green coffee for my wife. I paid $7.50/lb for the Colombian Pitalito Estates. I've tried the regular version of this coffee (at $4.35/lb a year or so ago) and it is very good... but wow, how the prices have come up! Ouch!

This is why I started getting the big bags. I know many of you are like me, in that you like good coffee, and while we love extraordinary coffee, the prices can get high quick. So I'll continue to offer something every now and again.

CHAD

CincyDawg
Roasted a 12 oz batch to FC, no snaps of 2nd Crack. Rested 48 hrs. Nice cup, moderate chocolate, medium body. Think next time I'll take it just into 2nd Crack and the chocolate should be more pronounced.

tarapup
I am still learning how to 'taste' coffee. I drink it black, unsweetened.
Roasted to FC+. It was into the 2nd crack when I started cooling. Gave some to a woman who works with me, too.
We both agreed: very creamy, full-bodied, chocolate-y. Very smooth. A lovely cup.
Thanks, Chad. :)
Newbie obsessed roaster
Behmor 1600
Capresso 464.05

jlyon10
I agree, just got to taste mine this weekend. Very smooth sweet and chocolate
Jim Lyon
Jim's Coffee Beans

http://www.jimscoffeebeans.com
dja
I gotta jump back in here again and say that the flavor in them Mexican La Pluma beans just rocks Chad.
I gave some to my brother and he was just totally blowed away with how the chocolate flavor hangs in till the end of the cup.

WISH I HAD OF GOTTEN my grubby little fingers on more of it.
I pour Iron and roast Coffee BeansThumbsUp
If life seems normal your not going fast enough Mario Andrette

CincyDawg
Roasted my second batch, this time maybe a dozen or so snaps into 2nd crack plus a few more when I hit cool. I might have nailed it this time - deep, rich chocolate galore. Really great coffee. Thanks, Chad.

seedlings
Plan to roast some more tonight and I'm going to go 10 or 15 seconds into 2C as you did, CD.

Mmm-mmm. Good coffee, good price... it doesn't get much better.

CHAD

DavidG
CHAD,

Just got back to this last night. 3 batches: City, Full City (barely) and Full City ++ (30 secs into 2C). Brewed this a.m. with 0 days rest -- the FC++ was just delicious (although made the expected mess in the brewer)! I plan to cup all three head to head Wed or Thurs. We'll see.

Thanks again for offering us this great bean.

David
europiccola | yama + coryrod | chemex | AP | clever
wbp1 | wepp1 | bm/hg | co hybrid (still coming soon...)

ginny
CHAD:

where is mine?

how did I miss this?????

this is not good!!

ginny

opus
I cant keep enough of this coffee around. This is my best selling bean.

www.castironcoffee.com
Jump to Forum: