Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

daniboy503
· 04/05/2020 10:37 PM
i need wiring modification for westbend poppery I that has AC fan with rotary dimmer and AC fan speed control switches Thank you!

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,473
Newest Member: benhome
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What's in Your Roaster This Week?
BobbyS
Colombian Supremo five 3lb batches

BeanPoet
It's Ethiopian and it's good. The place where I buy my green coffee doesn't give a lot of specifics! Just a brown paper bag with "Ethiopian" scrawled on the front. I should probably inquire further at some point.
Cheers,

Erik

https://www.beanpoet.com/
allenb

BeanPoet wrote:

It's Ethiopian and it's good. The place where I buy my green coffee doesn't give a lot of specifics! Just a brown paper bag with "Ethiopian" scrawled on the front. I should probably inquire further at some point.

During my first few years of roasting, I primarily bought from local artisan roasters and like you mention, a kraft bag with grease pencil stating country of origin was all I got and really all I cared to know. I pretty much disregard most articulated descriptive blather as it very rarely conveys any useful information for me and most of the time I scan down to the last couple of sentences stating whether it is great or mediocre greens.
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

renatoa
This is my "end of the world" refill order for the next 6 months, a total of 14 kg greens:
Guatemala El Potrero Genuine Antigua
Ethiopia Guji Gr 1 Dimtu natural
Costa Rica El Pilon natural
El Salvador Finca Los Pirineos
Tanzania Blackburn Estate (washed)

"end of the world" because my source for the last 4 years was an UK company, and with the brexit will cease buying from them, unfortunately :(

jqaman
Coffee bean direct
Estate Java

Indonesian bean, low bitterness, low acidity at all roasts however lacks good flavor at lighter roasts so I usually take it to almost French roast...

jqaman
Just ordered 5 pounds of Papua New Guinea from coffee bean direct. It will be a new bean for me, I haven't tried this one before. Also, I don't work or have any vested financial interest in any site I recommend, just trying to pass on the word when I find a good site.

Orders over $35 are free shipping and I don't live wherever they are so I don't pay any sales tax either. I also buy from Burman Coffee but they charge shipping which runs the cost of the coffee up.

jqaman
Just roasted a pound of Sulawesi Kalosi in my Behmor 1600 (Behmor is 16 or 17 yrs old). Can't wait to try it later this weekend after it gets some aging to it. I roasted a pound of the PNG and it was amazing. Ordering some more. Also, I did some comparing of prices between Burman and CoffeeBeanDirect (CBD) and Burman has competitive good prices. So my settings for this SK lb, B, P3 and 22 minutes...john

DrHenley
i.imgur.com/W7l76ub.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A morning without coffee is like a marriage without a honeymoon.

TeddyJ
Costa Rica La Magnolia Tres RIos

Roast to full city for lattes.

brianmch
Colombia El Condor. Narino region blend of Castillion and Caturra.

Roasted to medium.

Mild grapefruit/orange marmalade acidity.
Buttery/velvety body & mouthfeel.
Bittersweet cocoa/some herbiness.
Brown sugar to caramel/toffee sweetness.

snwcmpr
Ethiopian Natural Gesha.
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

mkane
2 different Ethiopians.
Always learning

DrHenley
And another Ethiopian...Queen City Harrar
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A morning without coffee is like a marriage without a honeymoon.

SD and dogs
Guatemala Huehuetenango EP

JackH

SD and dogs wrote:

One of my favorites!
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

SD and dogs

JackH wrote:

SD and dogs wrote: