Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

NetriX
OfflineAdmin
· 01/22/2020 5:40 AM
morning Updated shoutbox. Work in progress.

SaraJohnson
· 01/17/2020 5:50 AM
Looking for a good coffee shop in Maumee, Ohio. Any recommendations?

snwcmpr
· 01/10/2020 10:18 AM
Maybe post in the Behmor section. Behmor users can see it. The SHOUTBOX post will be hidden in a few days.

jqaman
· 01/09/2020 8:51 AM
The flap on the back of my Behmor 1600 has come loose at one end. Its 15 years old. I was wondering if anyone has any idea how to fix it? thanks...john

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 01/03/2020 2:33 AM
Jyoungs3, you should start a post about it. The shoutbox entries will scroll away in time.

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,366
Newest Member: Jonaluchris
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What's in Your Roaster This Week?
BobbyS
Colombian Supremo five 3lb batches

BeanPoet
It's Ethiopian and it's good. The place where I buy my green coffee doesn't give a lot of specifics! Just a brown paper bag with "Ethiopian" scrawled on the front. I should probably inquire further at some point.
Cheers,

Erik

https://www.beanpoet.com/
allenb
BeanPoet wrote:

It's Ethiopian and it's good. The place where I buy my green coffee doesn't give a lot of specifics! Just a brown paper bag with "Ethiopian" scrawled on the front. I should probably inquire further at some point.

During my first few years of roasting, I primarily bought from local artisan roasters and like you mention, a kraft bag with grease pencil stating country of origin was all I got and really all I cared to know. I pretty much disregard most articulated descriptive blather as it very rarely conveys any useful information for me and most of the time I scan down to the last couple of sentences stating whether it is great or mediocre greens.
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

renatoa
This is my "end of the world" refill order for the next 6 months, a total of 14 kg greens:
Guatemala El Potrero Genuine Antigua
Ethiopia Guji Gr 1 Dimtu natural
Costa Rica El Pilon natural
El Salvador Finca Los Pirineos
Tanzania Blackburn Estate (washed)

"end of the world" because my source for the last 4 years was an UK company, and with the brexit will cease buying from them, unfortunately :(

jqaman
Coffee bean direct
Estate Java

Indonesian bean, low bitterness, low acidity at all roasts however lacks good flavor at lighter roasts so I usually take it to almost French roast...

jqaman
Just ordered 5 pounds of Papua New Guinea from coffee bean direct. It will be a new bean for me, I haven't tried this one before. Also, I don't work or have any vested financial interest in any site I recommend, just trying to pass on the word when I find a good site.

Orders over $35 are free shipping and I don't live wherever they are so I don't pay any sales tax either. I also buy from Burman Coffee but they charge shipping which runs the cost of the coffee up.

Jump to Forum: