Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

JackH
12/14/2019 4:07 AM
I read somewhere that higher elevations have faster roast time and require somewhat lower temperatures. air is thin and has less Oxygen

allenb
12/14/2019 12:44 AM
Yes, 1st off, you must use only Panama Esmeralda Geisha beans and be sure to only roast on Saturdays. Actually, this isn't completely true. Please post in all about roasters forum. Thx!

wjohndon4566
12/13/2019 10:36 AM
I’m at 9,000 feet elevation, is there any special adjustments that need to be made to roast using an SR 540 at this elevation?

snwcmpr
12/07/2019 9:29 AM
roar

snwcmpr
11/27/2019 11:44 AM
greenman

Users Online
Guests Online: 1

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,296
Newest Member: jpokorski
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Jared Brunette - 5.00
Daniel Boozer - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hey! My first post and I feel like I've found a home
gene
Want to use it to apologize to Eddie. Had asked via other forums advice on how to profile roasts. Had even sent Eddie an email. Some of you may recall when you were new to roasting? I asked him some extremely elementary questions . I know I must have sounded like a dork.
Thought I had been all over and thru Eddie's history. Ha. This guy is a lot more complex and thorough than I had given him credit for. In the course of my search wanderings accidentally discovered homeroasters.org.
What a huge relief!!!!!!
Discovered Eddie's, et al, Gene Cafe roasting logs yesterday and immediately rushed to the washer/dryer room with myGC.
The Tolima I roasted last night is now airing for two days. Can't wait.
What a difference in aroma over first roast attempts on 1/21/09.

If the adm is tracking the site, sorry, I'm all over the place trying to go back in history to see what I've missed and just the sheer joy of a site where everyone is so friendly.
Sorry Eddie, make me sit in the corner! Here I go again, retired principal.
gene

seedlings
gene, welcome! Trust me, Eddie is quite happy to help in every way, with any question, as we all are. We're also ready to celebrate every success, no matter how small!

Post. Ramble. Discuss. We like it all.

But, now it's my turn to sound like a dork. I have to go find out what "Tolima" coffee is!!!

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

ginny
Gene:

Eddie is a great guy who loves to talk about roasting, profiles and the best single Malt out there...

You may feel free to roam around and post away. We are very flexible around here and appreciate your taking the time to join in with this bunch.

Thanks again for joining us Gene.

Let us know where we can help you out. Remember the only dumb question is the one never asked!!

ginny

GrinWelcome

Koffee Kosmo
Welcome gene
I am assuming you have downloaded Eddies gene cafe roasting profiles from here??

http://forum.home...p?cat_id=1

KK
I home roast and I like it
Blog - http://koffeekosm...gspot.com/
Bezzera Strega: Mazzer Robur Grinder: 5 Box hand grinders: Pullman Tamper Convex: (KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster: CONA Glass Rod Syphon: Pyrex Brewer:

http://koffeekosmo.com.au
John Despres
Welcome, Gene!

I, too, roast with a Gene Cafe and am the beneficiary of Eddie's expansive knowledge.

Good luck, roast often and don't burn yer beans.

John
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

www.sceneitallproductions.com
ginny
John:

you handsome devil!!

gShockGrin

seedlings
Tolima is a growing reigion in Colombia. I learn something new every day here.

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

Koffee Kosmo
Hey! My first post and I feel like I've found a home

Thread title

Reply and using the Eddie quote ;)
Welcome home gene as there is no roast like home, no roast like home

KK ThumbsUp
I home roast and I like it
Blog - http://koffeekosm...gspot.com/
Bezzera Strega: Mazzer Robur Grinder: 5 Box hand grinders: Pullman Tamper Convex: (KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster: CONA Glass Rod Syphon: Pyrex Brewer:

http://koffeekosmo.com.au
gene
Eddie's roast logs are worth their weight in gold....they have saved me from chasing my tail when it comes to learning what makes up a superior roast.
Thanks Eddie!

Jump to Forum: