Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 05/27/2020 3:01 PM
Does it happen with all threads or certain one?

pisanoal
· 05/27/2020 10:14 AM
Anyone else have issues seeing the whole window of a thread when accessing from a mobile phone? Any fixes?

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,585
Newest Member: RPirie_CedarOta
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
This is interesting.
ginny
Believe it or not, scientists have actually worked out a formula for brewing coffee that has determined the optimal grounds to use to maximize flavor and minimize bitterness. This scientifically determined formula is called The Gold Cup Standard. For more information about the cold cup standard you can visit one of the experts at:

http://www.heritage-coffee.com/Philos...Coffee.htm

I find this interesting but as a coffee roaster I find it wrong!
The single most important factor in your drinking enjoyment is personal taste!!

hmmmm.......

ginnyShockGrinGrin

John Despres
BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

I agree, Ginny, personal taste rules everything. My best friend travels a lot and loves 7-11 coffee. He can get it anywhere and it's always exactly the same. And I hate it. To him, it's the best there is. Every morning, he walks to the corner and buys his cup.

I grind and brew to the John's gold cup standard.

Published in 1983, this formula is catering to average tastes. Shoot, this thing came out before Starbucks made their big splash. Specialty coffee hadn't made much of an inroad yet. I'm left wondering what coffee they were really using to arrive at the averages they published.

Perhaps this formula works with Maxwell House, or Chock full o' Nuts, but I'm certain it doesn't work with most of my roasts. And because I'm the kind of person I am, I ain't gonna try it with my coffee, either.

Lastly, the article is called "Philosophically Perfect Cup of Coffee". Philosophy, as I understand the meaning of life and the relative happiness of individuals seeking wisdom, has little to do with how I like my coffee.

It is an interesting read, to be sure. Don't pass it up because I give three thumbs down. It's only 26 years old, so there's something of value there somewhere.
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

www.sceneitallproductions.com
seedlings
I read that article. Fortunately for me, I couldn't understand it.

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

Jump to Forum: