Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

CharcoalRoaster
11/04/2019 1:58 AM
+1 snwcmpr

snwcmpr
11/03/2019 2:16 AM
Can we make the shoutbox UNAVAILABLE until a member has a certain number of posts?

allenb
11/01/2019 2:20 AM
Funopt, please post in the gas and electric heat sources forum

Funopt
10/30/2019 5:17 AM
Can someone help me for using forced propane burner as my heating element. I rather want to use lpg than electric. Do you think it would work

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 1
allenb

Total Members: 6,240
Newest Member: SturdNerd
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Dark Wheat Coffee Bread
Island Addict
When I was but a lad, a small restaurant in Middlebury, Vermont called the Bakery Lane Soup Bowl was famous for soups and bread. They published an excellent recipe book under the same name, long out of print I think, but available used on Amazon. This was one of their breads, and it's been one of my favorites for a long time--very easy to make and whole wheat healthy. The coffee gives a robust, dark taste that reminds me of the breads I enjoyed as a student in Siberia. (Those were the days when bread, Turkish coffee, and vodka were about the only things you could find to eat in Siberia.)

Dark Wheat Coffee Bread

2 2/3 cups strong coffee, cooled
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup honey
1 tbsp salt
1 package active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup cornmeal
4 1/2 cups stone ground whole wheat flower
4 cups unbleached flour

Combine coffee, 2/3 cup water, honey and salt.

Disolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water and add to coffee mixture.

Stir in corn meal and as much of the flour as possible. Knead in the rest until dough is smooth.

Place in greased bowl and turn to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk. Punch down and shape into two loaves. Place in greased 4x8 bread pans. Cover and let rise until dough is just below tops of pans.

Bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until browned and sounds hollow when tapped.

Remove from pans and cool on racks.
Rob

Jump to Forum: