Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Koffee Kosmo
10/21/2019 5:00 PM
While you were sleeping I have been active in booting out some spammers along with the posts they tried to sneak past me

NetriX
10/21/2019 2:41 PM
Apologies, fixed it asap! BBQ grill

snwcmpr
10/21/2019 12:35 PM
WOW!! A few minutes ago the site page said "Account Suspended". And would not open the site.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 1
Seattle Pete

Total Members: 6,205
Newest Member: komodo
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Favorite Green Coffee Vendors?
ginny
Yes, Happy Mug needs to address their website issues. way too slow, always.

I have actually given up on several occasions. they have an issue somewhere down the line with their isp server.

ginny

it is unfortunate.

greenman

MPSAN
ginny, Matt has always responded to my email. I may mention this to him as I, too, have at times just given up on his site.
I do like the way he tells you how "clean" the coffee is and the results he gets with roast levels. I suspect he sees this as he roasts this for his shops. SM seems to only roast for themselves and probably does not roast as much as he does.
"If it Ain't Broke, Fix it 'til it is"!

ginny
sweet maria's roasts a lot and have special roasts for all customer's if they wish to buy them...

ginny

I have felt Matt rather indifferent to talk regarding is slow site...

MPSAN
OK, I did not know that SM will roast coffee for sale...not that I want it. I am surprised that Matt does not want to "fix" his site. People do not wait any more...I remember the 300 baud dial up days!

btreichel
300 baud with error correcting modems! Crappy government line drops the speed to about 90, then then it was machine code so it was packed out with checksum per line!

MPSAN
btreichel wrote:

300 baud with error correcting modems! Crappy government line drops the speed to about 90, then then it was machine code so it was packed out with checksum per line!

OK for a quick OT item I got BYE working on the Apple ][+ for the dial up Bulletin boards.

MPSAN
I have not seen this posted, but HappyMug has a coupon good 'til August 9th. It is a discount on his large shipments of Central American Coffee that came in all at once. The Costa Rican looks great and I placed my order...

As usual there is a big description online. I love the green Happy Mug Coffee!

So Much Fresh Coffee!
take 5% off all unroasted Central American coffee between now and August 9th
coupon code: toomuch

ginny
you got a notice. he should perhaps send one to all the peeps he knows and those that do business with him instead of using you to let us know...

ginny

I am tired of old marketing and lazy business practice...

ginny

plus his site never works...

MPSAN
I am sure he had no idea that I was going to post this. Anyway, I assume you got the full email copy I sent you. I still like his coffee but hate his slow web site!

ginny

if it's broken fix it...

I have zero tolerance for a business that does not care if you can get on their site or not.

-groar

MPSAN
I agree, except that I do like his coffee. I wonder why he puts up with that site?

RobertL
ginny wrote:

if it's broken fix it...

I have zero tolerance for a business that does not care if you can get on their site or not.

-groar

I buy from Happy Mug often and I've never had a problem with their website. Maybe the problem doesn't affect everyone that visits the site. That might explain why they haven't fixed it.

JETROASTER
Coffee Shrub. Kin to Sweet Marias.
Today is SO shots of Colombia Inzá Veredas del Centro, through the Miele Super-auto
http://www.coffee...del-centro
Full City+ Bitter sweet cocoa up front as described. Long finish.
Splendid. Cheers, -Scott

....and the site works just fine

MPSAN
OH, the site works for me as well, but can be very slow to load and makes me think, sometimes, that it is hung...then it pops up.

ginny
look, I did not say I did not like his coffee what I said was I GET TIRED of not being able to buy so I GO SOMEPLACE else that has a web space that works...

I would actually buy more from him but his site makes it impossible for me...

ginny

party

allenb
I share the disdain of slower than optimum sites and hopefully he will address this in the near future.
What keeps me coming back regardless of the additional 4 seconds longer than average between clicks (your delay may vary), is his ability to source top tier excellent green coffee which is on par with most of the best I've cupped from other vendors charging an additional $1 to $2/lb.

My most recent order included the following: Rwanda Inzovu, El Salvador Siberia Pacamera, Papua New Guinea Waghi, Guatemala Acatenango.
All were, in my judgement, a minimum of a 88 rating or higher. After this order I ordered a variety of coffees from Burman. Service was excellent, shipping time was on par with the best, quality of cup was on par with Happy Mug but cost was around $1 more per lb than Happy Mug.

Hopefully Happymug will upgrade their internet capabilities in the near future but in the meantime, they will be my 1st choice.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

woodchuck
Another vote for Happy Mug here. My internet is so slow out here I would never notice a slow website anyways. Beats ordering by snail mail :-)
Cheers
Ian
Roasters: TJ-067, Hottop with TC4C and RAF Mods
Espresso: LaSpaziale VII/Macap M4 Grinder
Pour over: Bonmac Pro Cone
Press: Bodum

DiggerinVA
Well I am going to give them my vote, since for no other reason their shipping to me is very fast. About 2 days vs a week or so(everybody else I have tried). Besides I get another sip of coffee, while waiting. ;-) it is really not that slow.

ginny
they are good but I get timed out, if I manage to get stuff in my cart I get timed out to order and I lose all and I am simply tired of repeating over and over and over again.

ginny

DanN
I have tried sweet Maria's, happy mug and various other online green coffee retailers....but in my humble opinion, happy mug is the best for both quality n money...I really like the way Matt talks about each coffee and the roasting notes he shares are very educative for a home roaster.

Jump to Forum: