bullet2.gif Which option is better.
Hottest Threads
bullet2.gif What's in Your Ro... [538]
bullet2.gif TC4 with aArtisan... [225]
bullet2.gif Favorite Green Co... [194]
bullet2.gif Bobby M15's drum [67]
bullet2.gif 500g (hopefully) ... [26]
Donate to HRO
Please enter your site username (if you have one) and your email address (required) to be sent with this donation for tracking and contact purposes.

Site Username
If you don't have a site username, just enter "Guest"

eMail Address **REQUIRED**

Users Online
bullet2.gif Guests Online: 4

bullet2.gif Members Online: 0

bullet2.gif Total Members: 5,000
bullet2.gif Newest Member: manuelbertelli
BotSlap Panel
bullet2.gif Last check: 08/18/2017 23:53
bullet2.gif Slap count: 0
bullet2.gif Last checked ID: 6095
View Thread
Homeroasters.org » THE ART OF ROASTING COFFEE » Green Coffee
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Favorite Green Coffee Vendors?
Scooter Dog
Thanks for the tip rff000!

I signed up for Bodhi Leaf's email list and sure enough received an e-mail about a special offer on a Costa Rica coffee for 3.95 per lb... I ordered 5 lbs and with $6.60 shipping, it came to 5.27 per lb.

Dan

Randy
Well I can tell you for sure who NOT to buy from...Homeroastcoffee.com. I went to order a Hottop roaster with my visa card and was told he does not accept visa because they screw him over. He went on to say my purchase was suspicious because I was from NY, didn't have my full name on my email address, didn't know my internet provider (optimum online) and when he did a search of my provider all he saw was scams associated with it.
This was the first place I ordered beans from...they were fine but compared to sweetmarias.com and happymug they are about a buck more per pound.
Very poor business ethics and they have seen the last of me...
If at first you don't succeed...destroy all evidence that you tried - Steven Wright
x1 x1

renatoa
A sign to think more about HT acquisition :)

nescafe
I'm new to roasting. I bought a used Behmore 1600 Plus in early December. What I like about Sweet Maria's and the GCBC is they have cupping scores for each coffee. With a high score I have the confidence it is a good coffee I am getting. I also really appreciate Happy Mug's descriptions and their prices, but I wish they had cupping scores. Would Happy Mug's coffee usually cup in the high 80's? Am I putting too much emphasis on the cupping score? I am getting ready to try some Ethiopia from GCBC right now. Thanks!

renatoa
For Europeans, my favourite is Coffee Compass UK.

Got today half bag of Honduras Finca Los Lirios, heating the oven :)
DIY: TurboOven with drum, Popcorn
Moded commercial: Dieckmann RoestMeister, Nesco
PID/ramp/soak controllers
Grinder: mod'ed Porlex to 47 conical burrs
x1 x1 x1

ManCaveCoffee
MPSAN wrote:

I have not seen this posted, but HappyMug has a coupon good 'til August 9th. It is a discount on his large shipments of Central American Coffee that came in all at once. The Costa Rican looks great and I placed my order...

So Much Fresh Coffee!
take 5% off all unroasted Central American coffee between now and August 9th
coupon code: toomuch

It is before August 9 and he did not honor the coupon code. To me, this kinda sours things. Too bad--those Costas sounded good, and based solely on what I read at his site I liked this vendor's way of doing business.

It could be that that discount was aimed at his subscribers, and not the world at large, I dunno, but I did not complete my order there just the same.

I only just saw your post tonight, and never heard of this vendor; I wasn't just waiting until the last minute to test him, LOL
-Jon
1 Behmor, 1 Behmor+. I use neither because I got a propane 1 Kilo drum roaster this July, 2017. So after 6-7 years with the Behmor I am once again a newbie.
8 or more storebought ways to brew coffee; an unlimited # of field-expedient methods.

JackH
Hi Jon,

This post from the same member says it is for the month of July (2017) and 10% off.

https://forum.hom...ad_id=5355

The post you quote is from 2016:(see post #147)

https://forum.hom...wstart=140
Edited by JackH on 08/09/2017 02:38
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.
x1 x1

snwcmpr
ManCaveCoffee wrote:

It is before August 9 and he did not honor the coupon code. To me, this kinda sours things.

Happy Mug has been a really good vendor in my history of purchases. And I just wanted to add that to this mistaken post.

Ken in NC
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

ManCaveCoffee
JackH wrote:

Hi Jon,

The post you quote is from 2016:(see post #147)

https://forum.hom...wstart=140

You are so right! I could have sworn it was from July 2017 Shock
My sincerest apology for my bad.
That vendor looks a LOT better now! :grin:
-Jon
1 Behmor, 1 Behmor+. I use neither because I got a propane 1 Kilo drum roaster this July, 2017. So after 6-7 years with the Behmor I am once again a newbie.
8 or more storebought ways to brew coffee; an unlimited # of field-expedient methods.
x1 x1

JackH
Don't worry! I have done that myself.
So many posts here....

Give them another try sometime, they often have codes for discounts.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.
x1 x2

MPSAN
I looked at my email and it said that this new coupon code was for the Month of July 2017.
"If it Ain't Broke, Fix it 'til it is"!

ChicagoJohn

That vendor looks a LOT better now! :grin:

Ginny told me about Happy Mug at first and I've ordered from them many times. Lately I get three S.O. at a time, 3 lb each, and he fits that in a $7 USPS box; only $0.78 / lb shipping that way and quick shipping and delivery. I've yet to get anything from them I didn't think was top quality (not that I'm an expert, by any means, but I've ordered from other places and sometimes have been unable to get good results no matter how I roasted.) So Happy Mug has become my main source.
So many beans; so little time....

MPSAN
I use only HappyMug as well. I also like that he is not afraid to mention that a certain variety may have a few stones that he found. He also just reduced the shipping cost. I used to get 16lbs at a time (4 X 4 lbs each) and for the same shipping cost he can now send 20 lbs.
x1 x1

ChicagoJohn
MPSAN wrote:

I use only HappyMug as well. I also like that he is not afraid to mention that a certain variety may have a few stones that he found. He also just reduced the shipping cost. I used to get 16lbs at a time (4 X 4 lbs each) and for the same shipping cost he can now send 20 lbs.

I get 9 lb / $7. What is the rate now for 20 lb? I may start doing that instead. Earlier today ordered 3 lb each of Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Kochere, Kenya Wanjegi, and Ethiopia Yirgacheffe WOTE Konga Natural. Tried the Kochere before and loved it.
Edited by ChicagoJohn on 08/11/2017 15:48
So many beans; so little time....

MPSAN
This was from my email...

...also check our newly tweaked shipping table. our high volume of shipments has allowed us to nudge down your shipping costs to the point that we can now ship 20 pounds of coffee anywhere in the USA for just $10.75.
x1 x1 x1 x1 x1

Jump to Forum: