Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

JackH
12/14/2019 4:07 AM
I read somewhere that higher elevations have faster roast time and require somewhat lower temperatures. air is thin and has less Oxygen

allenb
12/14/2019 12:44 AM
Yes, 1st off, you must use only Panama Esmeralda Geisha beans and be sure to only roast on Saturdays. Actually, this isn't completely true. Please post in all about roasters forum. Thx!

wjohndon4566
12/13/2019 10:36 AM
I’m at 9,000 feet elevation, is there any special adjustments that need to be made to roast using an SR 540 at this elevation?

snwcmpr
12/07/2019 9:29 AM
roar

snwcmpr
11/27/2019 11:44 AM
greenman

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,296
Newest Member: jpokorski
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Jared Brunette - 5.00
Daniel Boozer - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
PID'ing Miss Silvia on the Cheap
Abie24
Hi!

I know this thread is old but maybe someone will answer :)
I read a lot of information about Miss Silvia and Gaggia. I would like to buy one of them but I can't decide which one would be better. I also read this article: https://coffee-wo...io-silvia/ But I would like some personal advice, maybe there is someone who owned both of the machines, which one has less issues?

Thank you :)

pi-coffee-roaster
I have the Silvia machine, and have also used the Gaggia Classic. Both can make a very good espresso.

I would say that the Silvia is better built - everything is a bit more rugged/solid, so it will probably win on longevity. Mine is about 6 years old and still works very reliably. It works even better with a PID modification, if that is something you are interested in doing.

The Gaggia has a larger drip tray, meaning that you don't have to empty it so often. Earlier versions of it had a cheap steam wand that needed to be upgraded, but I understand that the latest version comes with a better steam wand.

Jump to Forum: