Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

Koffee Kosmo
OfflineAdmin
· 08/12/2020 5:37 PM
And I thought it was just me that couldn't access the site All good now - coffee kept me company

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 08/10/2020 8:46 PM
Had to make myself another cup of coffee to get through it.

snwcmpr
· 08/10/2020 7:33 PM
I went into withdrawal for a bit. Now .. all is good. roar

mtbizzle
· 08/10/2020 7:26 PM
Yeah Jack I think so, I couldn't access for a bit

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 08/10/2020 6:51 PM
Did we lose the site for a while?

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,688
Newest Member: AaronT
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Sharing Bullet Profiles
JETROASTER

We want you to be able to share your roast profiles with each other- more on this later on. :) -Jonas

OK, I'm curious! Any hints? -Scott

Aillio
Nope, no hints yet. ;-)

www.aillio.com
smico
Jonas,
It would be cool if you publish control schemas.
Developers from Artisan, Roastlogger or other roasting apps might support your roaster at some point.
Good luck with your project.
Miroslav
Hottop B2 + HTC, Cremina 83, OE Pharos, Brewtus IIIR, Baratza Vario

ginny
smico:

not sure why the Bullet would need support from those others if it has it's own.

if I were them I would not publish that information at this point or ever.

ginny

I would not give up my proprietary information. if I went to all the trouble, expense and time to create something new to work with my new product why open it?

clearly I do not need support from others software, why I ask would I open this???
Edited by ginny on 03/18/2014 4:28 PM

JETROASTER

Aillio wrote:

Nope, no hints yet. ;-)

Well, that's fair. I would say it is nice to see that part of the design promotes the culture of homeroasting.......Thanks!

smico
Ginny,
I think that there is only upside to the openness for the start-up manufacturers. They will just do a favour to the people that bought their roaster, and some might decide to buy it because they can use their favourite roast logging app that they are most comfortable with.

If the main business is building roasters, it might take some time to end up with roast logging and automation program as mature and as reach as say Artisan.

What do you think about the open source Jonas? Even Microsoft turns parts of their flagship development platforms into open (contribution) source.

Aillio
Hi Smico.

Yes, we are considering if the software should be open source or not, but, there are a few things to keep in mind.
The software for our roaster will not just be logging. You will be able to control all the feature of the roaster, including how you want it setup, directly from our software. You will also be able to add your profiles here.
We want to have all these features build into one package, so using artisan or the other roast loggers on the market would not make that much sense.

I am not sure about the inner workings of artisan or the other programs, but it might possible to log with their software while controlling it with ours.

The focus at the moment is not so much the windows software, but the roasters firmware. :-) We want to make a roaster that you love using, and once we start developing the software we will be taking note of your requests.

Jonas
Edited by Aillio on 03/19/2014 6:14 AM

www.aillio.com
smico
Jonas,
This is encouraging, thank you.
I use Hottop with Arduino + TC4 + HTC + Artisan. This setup allows me to save and replay every single roast.
I wish you all the best with this exciting project.

ginny
Windows, ugh...

hopefully later you may have the ability for your software to be iOS and/or Mac compatible as well...

Smico, while I agree in part, I still think that a "complete package of firmware/software" would be reason enough to buy a state of the art home roaster.

new software comes along every day and at some point "the older stuff" will be history.

ginny

Aillio
windows first. :-)

www.aillio.com
Jump to Forum: