Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

Koffee Kosmo
OfflineAdmin
· 08/12/2020 5:37 PM
And I thought it was just me that couldn't access the site All good now - coffee kept me company

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 08/10/2020 8:46 PM
Had to make myself another cup of coffee to get through it.

snwcmpr
· 08/10/2020 7:33 PM
I went into withdrawal for a bit. Now .. all is good. roar

mtbizzle
· 08/10/2020 7:26 PM
Yeah Jack I think so, I couldn't access for a bit

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 08/10/2020 6:51 PM
Did we lose the site for a while?

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,688
Newest Member: AaronT
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Control Panel
Airhan
I see there is a control panel on the front of the roaster, what information is displayed there, and what control options are there? Also, how is the roaster controlled externally? Do you have your own software developed, or are you using Roastlogger, Artisan, or anything else already available?
Aaron
"Grind it like it did you some great injustice!"D.L.Clark

Aillio
Hi Airhan

The control panel will display 2x temp, time, fan speed and power setting.
The controls will be very straight forward: Preheat, Start/stop, Power level and fan level.
Besides this, there will be custom functions, so you can log FC & SC or other events. The custom functions can also be programmed to do other functions.
You can also start an automatic program from the front panel

We are developing our own software to control and log roasts, you can connect it via USB

www.aillio.com
Airhan
Thanks for the reply,

That sounds wonderful, it seems like everything that needs to be there is! The custom functions seem like they could be very useful, by automatic program, do you mean a complete set of pre-programmed instructions for profiling coffee?
Aaron

Aillio
The idea behind the automation, is for you to be able to record a roast, and then have it repeated automatically afterwards. You could also use standard programs that we will provide as a starting point.
You will be able to upload them to the roaster via USB.

We want you to be able to share your roast profiles with each other- more on this later on. :-)

www.aillio.com
ginny
So Jonas,

we have automatic and full - complete manual?

-g

Aillio
yes, 100% manual mode.
Of course there will be some limitations as to the max temperature, but you will have full control.

www.aillio.com
ginny
Jonas:

can you give us some range for the max temp you are planning.

also is there a limit to the number of personal programs you will be able to set?

thanks,

ginny

Aillio
The max temperature will be 245 degree Celsius.
I am not sure about how many programs you can store on the roaster- off the bat 9. But you can upload new ones via USB.

www.aillio.com
ginny
Jonas:

But you can upload new ones via USB

yes that was one of the things I meant to ask. I can store as many as I want and simply upload when I choose to use one?

250 is a perfect small batch, for me at any rate, a half pound is good.

the 245 cel is 475 approx degrees so that's great as well.

thanks,

-g

JackH
Jonas, just a quick question if I may. Will the software log both the bean and drum environment temperatures?

Jack
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

Aillio
Hi Jack, yes we will be logging both.

www.aillio.com
John Despres
This is sweet! I have no questions and am enjoying this very much.

Carry on and well done!

I apologize for the interruption.

John
ThumbsUp
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.

www.sceneitallproductions.com
JETROASTER
Jonas,
That is a great looking machine! I myself don't automate, but there is a lot of it happening here at HRO. Then I saw that the Bullet can also be full manual if desired.
It got me wondering; For the high tech folks, would it be possible to jump in/bypass the control section and "slave" the roasting unit? (using a scratch built control unit)

That may not be something for the whole consumer market, but for the Early Adopters, it would be a blast.
It would also help generate a lot of buzz to get the Early Majority on board.
(....and it would be a lot of fun to watch what some of these folks could do with that beauty!)
Best, -Scott

Aillio
Hi Scott

Thanks for the kind words.
How about just connecting 3 roasters and controlling them from the same computer.

www.aillio.com
JETROASTER
That sounds like a lean toward light commercial use?
( I may have misunderstood) -Scott

farmroast
would have strongly recommended adding BT-RoR readings. Without it will have many wanting to modify that capability in somehow.
Ed B.
DreamRoast 1kg roaster, Levers, Hand Mills http://coffee-roasting.blogspot.com/

ginny
Ed:

I am not sure about this at all...

you are talking about a niche issue as far as I am concerned, not all home roasters even know or care what Rate of Rise is or why is should impact their roast.

I bet if I asked the average home roaster what rate of rise is they would look at me like I was nuts.

there are those who want to simply roast a great bean without taking new courses in math or they want to pull a great cup of espresso and not weigh the PF, the beans and weight it again after its pulled.

there comes a point where it is a waste of time to be so consumed by little stuff.

I can pull a great cup time after time and I do not give a darn about R of R or how much my beans weigh wet or day or pulled...

great thought but I think for some it's overkill Ed.

ginny

there are always those who will want more and want to modify, not all.

rockon

Aillio
The display can show Rate of Rise for the bean temp.
You can choose what info you want shown on both of the displays.

Jonas
Edited by Aillio on 03/19/2014 7:20 AM

www.aillio.com
Airhan
Jonas,
That is really exciting that RoR is a option! Your roaster is the first to incorporate that as a feature to assist in manually controlling the progression of the roast!
Aaron

farmroast

Aillio wrote:

The display can show Rate of Rise for the bean temp.
You can choose what info you want shown on both of the displays.

Jonas
excellent! it's so helpful for both newbies keeping their roasts from getting away from them and advanced who look for finer control.
It's best for both the manufacturer and user when modifications aren't necessary. Limiting any potential liability issues for both.

another area that often has fallen short with off the shelf roasters has been with agitation. Poor fin design
Ed B.
DreamRoast 1kg roaster, Levers, Hand Mills http://coffee-roasting.blogspot.com/

Jump to Forum: